BAHA Annual Membership Meeting
Thursday, 30 May 2019
The Hillside Club
2286 Cedar Street
Berkeley, CA 94709
6:00 Social Hour — no-host wine bar
7:00 Buffet Dinner ($45/$50 by reservation)*
7:30 Business Meeting and Election of Officers & Directors
Free coffee & dessert for all
8:00 Illustrated Lecture
Dr. Alexandra M. Nickliss:
Phoebe Apperson Hearst: A Life of Power and Politics
Dr. Nickliss is the author of a recent biography of Phoebe Apperson Hearst. Her illustrated talk will focus on Mrs. Hearst’s contributions to the U.C. campus, including the Hearst Architectural Plan, and her activities as an advocate for women in the early 20th century. Hearst died a century ago, this spring, but her influences are still felt.
Books will be available for sale and signing after the talk.~~~~~~~~
* Dinner will be provided by Jasmine Catering.
Members $45 per person; General $50 per person.
If you wish to attend and/or order dinner, please register online and include the names of your guests. You may also send a check made out to BAHA (to reach us no later than 25 May) to:
2318 Durant Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94704
Dinner MenuPassed Appetizers
- Vegetable Crudités with labane, hummus, and za’atar.
- Stuffed Cremini Mushrooms with goat cheese, spinach, and parmesan cheese.
- Bruschetta with blue cheese and fresh apricots.
- Mediterranean Salad. Romaine lettuce with vine-ripe tomatoes, Kalamata olives, shredded carrots, scallions, feta cheese, sourdough bread croutons (on the side) and lemon-mint vinaigrette.
- Almond-Crusted Salmon. Salmon fillet with almond crust and pesto.
- Pomegranate Chicken. Mary’s Chicken, slow cooked in pomegranate juice, rose water, walnuts, wnions, and spices.
- Roasted Root Vegetables. Brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, red potatoes, and red onions roasted with extra-virgin olive oil and fresh oregano.
- Jeweled Rice. Basmati rice with toasted almonds, raisins, sautéed onions, carrots, and celery.
Additional information, including the nominated slate of officers and directors, will follow by mail and e-mail.