Captain Boudrows House (photo: Daniella Thompson, 2005)
Many Northside residents have been watching with fascination as renovation work progressed behind shrouds on Captain Boudrows House at 1536 Oxford Street. Designed by Julius Krafft in 1889, this large turreted Queen Anne was designated City of Berkeley Landmark No. 15 in June 1976.
The shrouds finally came off to reveal a marvelous new color scheme. Alas, the work isnt finished, as the owners and their painting contractor have parted ways.