BAHA’s 40th Anniversary Celebration
Sunday, 23 November 2014
2 pm–4 pm
First Church of Christ, Scientist
2619 Dwight Way, Berkeley
Join us to celebrate 40 years of preservation advocacy, education, and activism.
We welcome the entire community to this free event, which also celebrates the Landmarks Preservation Ordinance and the many struggles to preserve the heritage and texture of Berkeley.
- Organ Selections — William Ludtke
- Greetings and Introductions — John McBride
- Welcome — Fred Porta, Friends of First Church Berkeley
- Before BAHA — Shirley Dean
- Drafting the Landmarks Preservation Ordinance — Carl Bunch (introduced by Susan Dinkelspiel Cerny)
- Early Days of BAHA — Trish Hawthorne
- BAHA Goes to Washington to Save Ocean View — Stephanie Manning
- Why Preservation Awards? — Mary Lee Noonan
- Landmarks Preservation Commission Today —Austene Hall
- Wins & Losses: Taking Stock of 40 Years — Daniella Thompson
- Preservation is a Constant Surprise — The Committee to Save the Jess Murals & the Kael/Basart House
- A Special Tribute to Sara Holmes Boutelle & Julia Morgan — Neale McGoldrick (research associate) along with members of Sara’s family
- Cutting of the Birthday Cake in the Fireside Room
- BAHA 40th Anniversary Wish
RSVP by e-mail or by phone (510) 841-2242.